Sunday, August 25, 2013

Da Paolo Bistro Bar and BMW i8 on a Lovely Sunday

Out of all seven days in a week, Sunday is the most relaxing day for me. Usually I will laze at home, watch movies on laptop, surf the web; I will just do things that won't consume too much brain cells. I've been looking forward to the visit to Da Paolo at Rochester Park since BF told me that he booked a table for us on 25 Aug 2013. Thus this Sunday (today), I woke up early and prepared myself while BF made his way to fetch me. *很幸福* (very fortunate)

Da Paolo Bistro Bar
Address: 3 Rochester Park, Singapore 139214
Operating Hours: Mon - Sat: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm; Sun: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BistroBar.RochesterPark


Entrance



The restaurant has indoor and mostly outdoor seating. The ambience was really so relaxing, a perfect place for lazy Sunday afternoon. We were the first customers so that explained why the restaurant was empty when I took the picture.

Outdoor Seating
Indoor Seating

Their menu's pretty special as shown in the picture below. We could only choose our mains from 'The Benedicts' and 'The Substantials' except Steaks. The reason why we will 'splurge' on such a costly brunch on a normal Sunday was because of my BF's reservist - he got a voucher (worth SGD 100) which entitled him to enjoy great brunch for two at any participating restaurants on the list, and we picked this.

Solid plastic menu


Real FRESH Orange Juice

First up, FRESH orange juice was served. This was really fresh!! I dislike going to places which serve chemically produced juices. Do you know even the pulp of oranges can be created using chemicals?! Eeewww. The juices here are safe to order! Quite pricey though, it's about $10 after GST and service charge. =X

Enjoying my glass of fresh orange juice



Next up, our appetizer. I don't really fancy olives but the combination of olives and tomatoes in this context tasted great!


Okay, get ready for the mains!! We ordered two dishes from 'The Benedicts' menu section; all dishes from that section will come with a poached egg.

Streaky Bacon & Savory Pancakes with Poached Organic Egg, Tomatoes, Wild Rocket, Scrambled Eggs & Hollandaise

Side View of Streaky Bacon & Savory Pancakes

Streaky Bacon & Savory Pancakes looked so fantastic!! This was my BF's main. It tasted not bad but definitely not as good as it looks. I find that the hollandaise sauce lacks certain taste. I'm not saying that it tasted bad, it's absolutely decent.

Smoked Salmon & Avocado with Baby Asparagus, Poached Organic Egg, Homemade Focaccia, Cherry Tomatoes & Cream Cheese Sauce

Side view of Smoked Salmon & Avocado
Organic Eggs after I halved it

Smoked Salmon & Avocado was my main. It may not look as great as my BF's main, but it certainly tasted better! Wheee~~ All the ingredients in my main made me felt that I'm having a very healthy meal. Hahaha. I'm not sure whether it's a healthy meal but I'm certain that it was a hearty one. =)

Last but no least, we had tiramisu cakes as dessert! This branch serves better tiramisu than the one I had at Club Street on my birthday this year.

Tiramisu

Side View of Tiramisu

This was taken in the toilet cos the lighting was so good!

The total damage for the meal was $122.40 inclusive of 7% GST and 10% service charge. BF inserted his credit card into the bill as we thought that we might need to top up the extra $22.40 because the voucher was only worth $100. However, the waitress returned us the credit card and told us that we do not need to pay at all since we didn't order anything extra. YAY!! THANK YOU SAF!! Thank you baby for sharing his voucher with me. <3

I drove baby's car for a while as I needed to shift it to somewhere else while baby went to the toilet at Rochester Mall. The security guard didn't allow us to hold at the entrance area even when I was inside the car.

Selfie on driver's seat

BMW i8 
Location: Just outside Ion Orchard
Only on 24 & 25 Aug

We made a trip down to Orchard Road to see this beauty. The car was really electrifying and it's so cool. I can't imagine how much stares I will get if I get to drive this car on the road.

BMW i8 Concept





My car!!! I wished!!

Sexy front view


BMW i3 - erm....

A lady at the event snapped a picture of us to take part in a lucky draw to win a mini merchandise from BMW and sadly, we didn't win anything.

This was a perfect Sunday for me; spending time with my love with no worries. I was elated to see BMW i8 too. I love cars! My favourite car is still Audi R8. I am super in love with R8 since I first saw it at Marriott Hotel on 25 Dec 2007. It was a magnificent Christmas gift to my eyes. ^^

Good times don't last. It's now 11.25pm and I have to rest. Another week of work's waiting for me to embrace it! Have a nice week ahead everyone! Good night! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment